(USA) Merchandising Director - Seasonal Candy - #197957
Date: 04/09/2021 03:02 AM
City: Bentonville, Arkansas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
What you'll do...
Merchandising Director – Seasonal Candy
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability – and everything in between.
As a Merchandising Director, your expertise, vision and strategy will allow you to see the products you buy come to life in stores and online. Leveraging your advocacy and negotiation skills with the access and scale of the Walmart system, you'll make a direct impact on the business and help families all over the world save money and live better. Along the way, you'll be guided by our deep-rooted culture and have the support and tools you need to do your job, learn, grow and succeed.
What you'll do…
As a Merchandising Director you will lead a cross-functional buying matrix team, establish strategy and manage budgets to drive profitable growth, develop robust partnerships with suppliers, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience. You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Success in this role requires tenacity, an analytical mindset, influence, and a competitive spirit. You'll use your executive presence to work with suppliers at all levels and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You enjoy owning and developing plans for highly complex category strategy, supporting long term business plans and executing prioritized strategic initiatives.
- You are data savvy: you can analyze competition, customer behavior, industry trends, and the macro environment.
- You are omni channel customer focused: You make customer-centric recommendations and decisions across all customer touchpoints. Constantly incorporate applicable and actionable customer feedback. Understand customer behavior across channels, or within relevant channels. Guide suppliers and vendors in the development of customer focused processes and products.
- You are tenacious, dedicated and thrive working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition.
You'll make an impact by:
- Developing strategy and growth of multiple formats and departments for large, complex, or high-risk categories and subcategories by identifying relevant trends to meet diverse customer needs.
- Growing your business: planning, budgeting, forecasting and driving growth for the categories and establishing a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape
- Establishing and influencing high-visibility supplier relationships
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing cost and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning
- Always looking for creative ideas to drive business improvements, innovation, and customer experience.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Merchandising , or related field and 5 years' experience in merchandising management, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area. OR 7 years' experience in merchandising management, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area.
2 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading a cross-functional team, Microsoft Office, Negotiating with third-party suppliers
Masters: Business Administration
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. " — Scott, Senior Manager
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.
Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs