Buyer-Procurement Specialist - #197953
Date: 04/09/2021 03:02 AM
City: Stratford, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Founded by Eric Lecoq in 1991, we are the preeminent manufacturer of fine French pastries in the US.
Intense focus on innovation, investment in state-of-the-art equipment, and an uncompromising commitment to the highest quality in ingredients, together with artisanal know-how and respect for tradition, are the secrets to the creation of our exquisite pastries.
Our amazing people's inspiration and dedication are what brings it all together. Their enthusiasm for the product and commitment to delivering the very best French pastries translates into an unforgettable experience for your taste buds.
The same principles of quality, high standards, and precision are found throughout the organization in everything we do. If you have a passion for excellence, an innovative mind, and pride for things well done, we'd love to meet you.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for supporting the Procurement Manager in the purchasing of raw materials and supplies for production. This role is also accountable for the monitoring and timely delivery of such materials and supplies, to ensure continuous availability for production.
- Order raw materials, cleaning, and packaging supplies
- Monitor stock levels and maintain safety stock
- Monitor suppliers for schedule adherence, on time delivery, delivered quantity, and price
- Communicate with suppliers on all purchase order related issues, complaints, etc.
- Source new items as needed
- Work with accounting on invoice issues
- Verify and process receiving tickets
- Enter inventory physical count for production supplies
- Verify cycle count results and adjust stock as necessary in ERP
- Verify specified items stock level after monthly physical count
- Enter production data in ERP (actuals)
- Inventory adjustments as needed
- Create new items in ERP system (ingredients, supplies, etc) and new Bills of Materials
- Update specs/recipes as requested by production
- Periodically verify accuracy of recipes in ERP vs production documents
- Create/update receiving specs
- Generate KPI reports for production
- Manage orders and set up weekly carriers for specific customers
- High School Diploma.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- High School level Math, Reading, and Writing skills are required.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Food industry experience is helpful but not necessary.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Strong attention to detail.
Lecoq Cuisine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.