Program Manager, Test Driving - #197950
Date: 04/09/2021 03:01 AM
City: Plymouth, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Indefinite U.S. work authorized required for employment. No Visa Sponsorship is available now or anytime in the future for this position.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring a Program Manager, Test Driving to join our growing team in Plymouth, Michigan.
This is an 18-to-20-week project, with the potential to extend longer or lead to other projects.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.
The Program Manager, Test Driving will support worldwide data acquisition of automotive test drive vehicles used to gain real, raw-sensor data for the development of ADAS Level 3 to Level 5 algorithms used worldwide. Testing will include certification of a SAE Level 5 vehicles and will require 150,000 miles of positive proven tests. Acquisition of raw sensor data is of high priority for any further development of ADAS functions at the company to fulfill those needs. This an ongoing demand in the Automotive Industry for all OEMs and Tier Suppliers.
- Route Planning: Preparation of the recording drives in detail. Requirements for the recording journeys. Prove that the target has been achieved.
- Vehicle Logistics: Plan and execute the transport as required for all vehicles in the US and Canada.
- Data Acquisition: Driving of the vehicles according to the planned routes. Planning and coordination of the drivers including travel management. Assuring the correct handling of the vehicles and the built-in recording systems by the drivers.
- Data Carrier Logistics: Provision of the required SSDs including transport boxes and assuring a daily transport of the SSDs from the vehicles to a dedicated data center and backwards during the complete project.
- Organizing Permissions: All required permissions to operate the vehicles in the defined countries.
- Central Coordination: Serve as Point of Contact (POC) for the drivers, operating issues, and technical issues.
- Documentation: Development of all required documentation, guidelines, checklists needed to operate the vehicles, handling of the routes, and handling of the SSDs, including transport. Update the documentation according to actual requirements.
- Coordination: Point of Contact for core team and corporate leadership regarding daily issues, questions, etc.
- Manage all test driving activities for 5 vehicles and 10 test drivers.
- Manage daily briefing sessions with the driving crews.
- Manage upcoming activities and/or issues (technical, operating, logistics).
- Collect all receipts for travel, fuel, etc. and manage the accounting (including invoices).
- Manage and monitor actual local COVID19 restrictions and conduct immediate reporting to the core team.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in automotive testing Program Management. Experience managing a Test Driving program is highly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Teams) and common office productivity software.
- Candidates must be able to start within 3 weeks of acceptance date.
- Will be required to travel domestically up to 20%