Mobility DevOps Engineer - VNF Application Support - #197937
Date: 04/09/2021 03:00 AM
City: Frisco, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
B-Yond develops AI-based network automation software, delivered via an open platform, enabling Telcos to embrace web scale operational models as they move to 5G and Edge Cloud.
B-Yond makes some fundamental decisions about how they build, develop, deploy and integrate their software. One of their key tenets is being cloud-agnostic. This means they need a good amount of automation to be able to perform tasks across public clouds as well as on-premise environments. They focus on repeatability and elimination of ad-hoc work. As part of the Technology Realization team, you will be continuously challenged with solving difficult problems. You will be asked to contribute to the improvement of their engineering practices, developing infrastructure as code. Better yet, you will see the impact of your ideas work in a short time in products we build and customers we delight.
The primary responsibilities…
- Build our infrastructure as code that depends on repeatability to deliver resiliency, predictability and scalability at a competitive cost point
- Develop automation that would allow simplifying the operations of the environment being built and maintained.
- Scout, try, experiment and finally integrate technologies that will provide us the edge to build, develop, deploy and integrate our software in a cloud-agnostic fashion.
The values we share...
- DREAM B-YOND. Forward-Thinking, Creative, Boldly Imaginative.
- Be AUTHENTIC. Transparent, Genuine, Self-Confident.
- DEBATE ANYONE. Fearlessly Vocal, Intellectually Stimulating, Thoughtfully Contrarian.
- B-UNSTOPPABLE. Resilient, Relentlessly Driven, Persistent.
- CARE to CREATE WISDOM. Non-judgmental, Thoughtful, Empowering.
The skills and experience that will help you succeed...
Strong Knowledge and 2+ years of experience with Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu) administration, configuration, patching and upgrading.
5+ years of experience and strong knowledge/understanding with DevOps practices.
3+ years of EPC and IMS core handson experience.
2+ years of experience in scripting (Bash, Python, etc.).
Experience with supporting VNF’s in a large virtual environment.
Working knowledge of EPC architecture and call flows.
Knowledge and experience with Ansible and Git/GitHub.
Strong knowledge and experience with CI/CD, understanding best practices.
Strong technical writing skills.
Experience with creating and updating project documentation (EP, MOP, etc.)
Knowledge and experience in a variety of virtual environments (VMware, OpenStack, AWS, etc.)
Experience with network troubleshooting.
Familiarity with Tier1 providers desirable.
Experience with packet core, networking, and OSS.
Works well under pressure and with deadlines.
When applying for the job, take the opportunity to tell us in five sentences or less what makes you the best candidate for this position and for our company, and why B-Yond is a fit for you.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. B-Yond uses E-verify and third party background check services, including drug screening, as part of the hiring process.