General Utility(1st Shift)(7:00am-3:30pm)-E - #197932
Campbell Soup Co
Date: 04/09/2021 02:30 AM
City: Charlotte, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The General Utility, under the direction of the department manager/supervisor, is responsible for assisting in any and all phases of production, preparation, sanitation and/ or packaging of the product. Providing general help labor where needed in all areas of the plant.
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please list that here.)
- Assists in the production of goods to include, but not limited to: pre-weighing ingredients and staging for mixing operations, cutting of raw materials, removal of discarded product/materials, and picking out defects on conveyors based on specifications.
- Maintains the cleanliness of all areas of manufacturing including but not limited to: cardboard removal, floors swept/mopped, counters and equipment cleaned to ensure health and safety requirements are maintained. Ensures area is organized according to 5S/production standards.
- Lubricates, hand cleans parts, and assembles production equipment.
- Performs a variety of general manual labor tasks within the site, (e.g., lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading materials, assisting in the handling of heavy materials, making minor repairs, etc.).
- Works with others as a team to complete tasks in an efficient manner to ensure the line is ready for startup and/or shutdown as well as to minimize downtime.
- Assists other employees with their assigned work tasks.
- Packages or assists in packing, finished goods, parts, materials, and equipment for customer delivery.
- Delivers and Picks up materials in various parts of the plant when needed.
- Performs routine maintenance to equipment.
- Follows department rules, procedures, routines, and requirements to complete assigned duties.
- If qualified, may be asked to operate machinery within the site.
- Practices and adheres to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), Allergen program, and Safety guidelines/procedures.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for Quality Supervisors and Managers only.)
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised, Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $, projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions made to the organization. An organizational chart should be included with job description when submitted)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job – writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses or professional certifications required for the job.)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform the job – High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation or technical education, college degree)
- High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional licenses or certificates required for the job)N/A
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
- Sitting -Seldom
- Standing -Continuously:
- Walking -Frequently
- Using hands -Continuously
- Stooping, Kneeling -Frequently
- Talking, Hearing-Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling (if applicable-Frequently
- Two Handed Carry - Frequently
- Pushing -Continuously
- Pulling -Continuously
- Overhead Work Standing-Frequently
- Ladder Climbing-Frequently
- Repetitive Twisting Standing -Continuously
- Repetitive Twisting Sitting -Continuously
- Hand Dexterity-Continuously
- Up to 10 pounds - Continuously
- Up to 25 pounds-Continuously
- Up to 50 pounds-Occasionally
- Up to 100 pounds -Seldom/Never
- More than 100 pounds -Seldom/Never:
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is required)
Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.