Call Center Support Operator II - #197931
Date: 04/09/2021 02:30 AM
City: Cleveland, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Details Answers and provides information to inbound and internal callers by accessing electronic alphabetical, geographical directories and transfers to appropriate destination. Answers and processes after hour patient and emergency internal calls to physicians using prescribed protocols and procedures. Answers and processes medical emergency codes for Enterprise using prescribed protocols and procedures in conjunction with the Critical Care Response Committee.
- Answer internal medical emergency calls, prioritize, determine type of response, and dispatch accordingly following prescribed protocols established by Critical Care Response Committee including providing non-life threatening medical instructions; and be able to relay information to and from emergency sites to all individuals or groups requiring notification.
- Answer and process request for crisis intervention team and other emergency codes using prescribed protocols in conjunction with the Emergency Management Team.
- Answer and process after hour patient emergency messages to physicians using prescribed protocols.
- Answer inbound calls, search database or reference material to obtain needed information to transfer caller to appropriate destination within established metrics and productivity standards.
- Offer special assistance to person who are unable to dial or who are in emergency situations; provide relay service for hearing impaired callers.
- Answer routine questions about the organization using electronic database and reference material; suggest and check alternate spellings, locations or listing formats for callers lacking details or complete information.
- Perform various data entry tasks, such as updating application database, phone directories and other electronic reference material.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) certification preferred.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Stress: The ability to handle stressful situations and function under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Communication: Ability to handle high volume of calls and adjust based on the individual needs, consistently displaying strong customer service skills and empathy.
- Technology: The ability to use computers and navigate across different computer systems. Ability to process information accurately using various electronic forms and following established protocols.
- A Minimum of 1 year of call center or telephone operator experience.
- Experience in Health care or a related field preferred.
- Emergency response or medical code processing experience preferred.
- Sitting for long periods of time along with repetitive keyboard and telephone work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment.
Kweywords: Call Center, Operator, Hospital Operator, Customer Service, CSR