Clinical Informatics Specialist - #197916
Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Date: 04/09/2021 02:02 AM
City: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Description Type of Opportunity: Part Time (.45 to .89) FTE: 0.500000 Exempt: Yes Work Schedule: Days
Great PT opportunity!!
Summary:The Clinical Informatics Specialist transforms PDS health care practices by collaborating to harness the power of data and technology to optimize workflow, improve clinical processes, support clinical decision making and enhance patient outcome. The Clinical Informatics Specialist uses their knowledge of patient care combined with their understanding of informatics concepts and methods to: enhance the organization by driving the evolution of customer-oriented, cost-effective and integrated clinical information systems; evaluate and refine clinical processes, clinical decision support systems and clinical applications; * lead or participate in implementation and continuous improvement of clinical information systems.
- Facilitate optimization and implementation of clinical information systems to support best practice workflows, patient safety and quality initiatives, and regulatory and compliance requirements Apply clinical experience and clinical informatics expertise to assess clinical workflow processes, identify gaps, and coordinate solutions utilizing clinical information systems. Provide input in development of training materials. Clinical Practice Model (CPM) Services- supports and assists in driving clinical practice guideline updates and integration into patient care and supporting team care. Applies consulting related to use of CPM, data collection to assess service performance, data-base analysis, and reports to assess efficiencies. Collaborate to remove barriers to change and serve as a liaison to users, IT professionals, and leaders. Partner with clinical and operational departments, and IT services to develop resolutions to issues in response to user requests and concerns Attain cross-functional knowledge of the clinical information systems and key workflows in order to provide support and guidance to clinicians, IT professionals and leaders Coach team members and others to develop their informatics and clinical information system competencies* Performs other functions as required.
Bachelors degree required or in lieu of relevant 6 years experiencesMinimum 5 years experience in clinical nursing or allied health discipline.Clinical Informatics certification preferred. Certification in Epic Clinical Informatics or equivalent Epic course required within first year of employment.Current State of New Mexico Registered Nursing or Allied Health (Respiratory Therapy, Radiology, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy) license/ certification required. Education:Essential: Bachelor Degree Credentials:Essential: Registered Nurse-NM
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
About Us Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans. We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come. About New Mexico New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great. Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC. New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west. AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.