Licensed Veterinary Technician @ Cedar River Animal Hospital - #197907
People, Pets and Vets
Date: 04/09/2021 02:02 AM
City: Renton, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Not all superheroes wear capes, but we sure think our staff at Cedar River Animal Hospital wears one every day! Join a passionate bunch of rock-star veterinary professionals as a Licensed Veterinary Technician, saving the greater Renton area, one pet at a time!
Cedar River Animal Hospital is a full-service small animal pet care facility providing comprehensive veterinary services and has advanced equipment and technologies, including comprehensive in-house testing for accurate diagnosis, digital x-ray, surgical suite, dental equipment, and a full pharmacy. We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care, and health-related educational opportunities for our clients.
We are a dedicated team of veterinary professionals and our Licensed Veterinary Technician are an integral part of our hospital team. We pride ourselves on having a positive team environment, professional and experienced support staff, and solid leadership.
Schedule: Full-time or Part-time
The ideal Veterinary Technician will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on creating an outstanding customer experience and taking pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish a movement of patients and clients through appointments and procedures. Your ability to educate and communicate effectively to your team and the clients are crucial for outstanding patient-care!
- Proficiency in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophies
- Perform quality full body and dental radiographs for subsequent evaluation by DVMs
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with coworkers and clients
- Obtain and record patient history and client communication in a professional, detailed manner
- Provide surgical discharges and home care instructions to clients after patient procedures
- Veterinary Technician Certification or License (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) required (or pending credentials within 3-6 months)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to assist in animal restraint, lift up to 40 lbs., and work on your feet all day
We also serve Renton, Issaquah, Bellevue, and Tukwila.
Working in the People, Pets & Vets family allows you to provide excellent care with top-quality resources while maintaining individuality and medical autonomy which makes each practice unique. We are all about the PEOPLE that share a love for animals. We put PETS at the center of everything we do! Our VETS and the entire support team provide quality care for pets. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! Join us today and become a cornerstone of your pet community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- No On-Call or After-Hours Emergency Calls
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Annual CE Reimbursement / LVT/RVT/CVT License Reimbursement
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Care Benefits for your personal pets
- Career Growth/Professional Mentorship
- VTNE Exam Fee reimbursement
People Pets & Vets is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and activities.