Outbound Warehouse Clerk - #197899
Date: 04/09/2021 02:01 AM
City: Churchville, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
US0007 Sysco Virginia, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
- Run reports necessary for the night's workload (Special instructions, Special Orders Item, Handstack Report).
- Examine all double-check customers and have the loads reserved.
- Inspect loads that are designated on the special instructions report. (If waiting on pallets, spot check the pallets that are already located on the loading dock)
- Verify that the special order items are selected and placed on the correct pallet.
- Validate that the weights are correct on the catch weight variation report.
- Check any reshipped orders if necessary.
- Review any new accounts that are being delivered.
- Gather all paperwork from the course on the night and place it in the Manager's mailbox.
- Fill out the checker audit spreadsheet to track work for the night.
- Research product that could not be found via a short chaser (warehouse out).
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent.
- 1-year prior warehouse experience preferred.
- Computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employee must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop and squat throughout an eight-hour shift. (plus overtime)
- Occasionally tear down a pallet which includes lifting cases and objects from and to heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead ranging in weight from 10 to 75 pounds.
- Uses hand to finger dexterity to peel and stick labels, handle or feel objects and or equipment controls, or reach with hands and arm.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.