Registration Services Representative (Part-time Mon - Fri 10 am - 2pm) - #197896
Partners Healthcare System
Date: 04/09/2021 02:01 AM
City: Somerville, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- This is a part-time 20 hours per week position; Mon - Fri 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.*
The Registration Service Representative contributes to a positive hospital experience for patients and families through courteous telephone interactions and interview activities, accurate and expeditious routing, as well as referral to appropriate clinical or financial staff when necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times.
- Carefully performs system searches for all patients.
- Issues a new medical record number when appropriate and coordinates the resolution of duplicate medical record numbers.
- Accurately and comprehensively collects and verifies demographic and financial information from patients and/or their representatives in a sensitive and timely manner.
- Verifies patient insurance coverage with Third Party Payers and determines eligibility by utilizing appropriate technology.
- Provides constructive ideas, suggestions and feedback in a positive manner.
- Works collaboratively with co-workers to effectively resolve issues that impact departmental or hospital operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Prior healthcare experience preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge and the ability to navigate through multiple screens.
- Prior customer service experience, preferably in a call center environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong communication, interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to navigate several systems within the registration process.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Error-free spelling/grammar.
- Ability to exercise judgment in dealing with sensitive, confidential information.
- Ability to handle a high volume of calls and work in a fast-paced environment.