Brunswick New York Mills- Carpet/Trimmer - #197883
Date: 04/09/2021 01:31 AM
City: New York Mills, Minnesota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
It is our people behind life's passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you've found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity in the boating and fishing industry? Brunswick New York Mills Operations is the innovative manufacturer of Lund and Crestliner Boats. We pride ourselves on building the highest quality, most durable and innovative fishing boats in the industry. If you have a passion for fishing or boating, and desire a career in a growing organization with a team focus, we encourage you to apply for a position with us. Brunswick New York Mills Operations is looking for individuals to join our team who are proud of our incredible legacy and share in our vision to create life-long memories on the water!
This position involves covering aluminum and wood parts with carpet and vinyl by glue or stapling.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry various sizes of metal, wood and carpet pieces to and from work stations from 2 to 50 LBS
- Apply glue to metal, wood and carpet pieces using air gun
- Adhere carpet to metal and wood pieces using hands to compress, stretch and pull carpet
- Trim excess carpet from metal and wood pieces using scissor and/or utility knife
- Staple carpet to wooden pieces using pneumatic stapler
- Preassembles hardware using air rivet gun, bucker or air drill
- Operate wood router and carpet cutter
- Installing frames (both by screwing and adhesive)
- Sanding wood and plastic and sealing seats
- Maintain a clean work area
- Picking aluminum parts and Storing parts in their proper locations around the plant.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
- Basic math skills
- Ability to follow written and oral communication.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment and Physical requirements:
- Regularly required to work at heights on platforms, lifting parts and pieces up to 50 lbs, traveling up and down stairs on a constant basis, sitting, squatting and bending in various awkward positions for certain lengths of time - including working overhead, traveling in and out of work areas, walking and being on your feet for a majority of the work day. Exposed to noise, dust, fumes and odors on a daily basis. Physical exertion is required. Requires standing, bending and twisting for a 10-hour shift. May be required to work in a non-air conditioned area. Vision protection, and steel-toed shoes are required. Hearing protection may be required.
About the Company:
Based in New York Mills, MN - Lund Boats has been manufacturing high quality aluminum and fiberglass fishing boats since 1948. Lund Boats are built by people who love to fish and take pride in engineering and building the most innovative and durable fishing boat on the market. Whether you're a part-time weekend angler or a serious tournament pro or guide, Lund prides itself on delivering the Ultimate Fishing Experience!
Crestliner celebrates 65 years in business and traces its origins to the Aluminum Boat Company that came to life within the walls of an airplane hanger back in 1946. Several transitions later, the company became known as Crestliner, and in 1991 the rivet-free UniWeld welded hull was a true revolution in aluminum boats. Crestliner continues to lead in innovations and setting new standards. Learn more about Crestliner and its line of boats by visiting www.Crestliner.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
Brunswick Corporation and all subsidiaries are deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans)
We are the people behind life's passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies