Senior Youth Coach, ROAR - #197878
Date: 04/09/2021 01:31 AM
City: Brooklyn, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The mission of CASES is to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community.
- We are committed to helping people—regardless of their past choices, present struggles, or future obstacles—to build the capacity and courage to change their lives.
- We tailor our services to each individual’s unique needs, risks, and strengths and believe the most effective programs are evidence-based, family-focused, and trauma-informed.
- We are committed to engaging the community by leveraging partnerships and resources to maximize our clients’ opportunities for success.
CASES seeks a Senior Coach who is committed to advancing alternative-to-incarceration programming for young people ages 16-27 through our ROAR program-Reframing Opportunity, Alternatives & Resilience. The Senior Coach has a key role developing and maintaining relationships with participants and community stakeholders providing engagement services as well as serving as a support for the duration of participation. The Senior Coach will join a multidisciplinary team and will provide comprehensive services to participants. All team members will support an ATI model that helps young people who are at risk of incarceration build the capacity and courage to change their lives. The ATI program helps young people develop critical skills to reach education and employment milestones and transform their relationships and connection to community. The Senior Coach will promote participant success and equity through culturally competent service delivery that meets the unique needs and experiences of young people involved in the criminal justice system. With content expertise in youth development, trauma-informed care, gender-specific services, resiliency, young adult learning, and strengths-based dynamic assessment and service planning. Team members will support the fundamental belief that meaningful change is possible, participant voice is critical for effective services, young people safe space promotes skill development and staff competence in the fidelity of the ATI model promotes performance outcomes.
- Develop rapport with participants to support service plans and ensure support is provided throughout program participation
- Collaborate with ROAR Orientation group for new participants ensuring comprehensive understanding of expectations and opportunities for the duration and post-mandate
- Support facilitation of substance use group using evidence-based curricula
- Lead in-community outreach efforts for participants who require additional supports to engage in service plan
- Collaborate with team members to facilitate community benefit projects and service projects
- Provide services that are inclusive of diversity and address the disparities experienced by program participants
- Conduct outreach efforts when participants require additional support to engage in services including home visits and in-community outreach
- Ensure service plans are developed in collaboration with participants addressing needs and establishing measurable timeframes to meet objectives and goals
- Establish and maintain relationships with community stakeholders who may provide services relevant to participant needs
- Participate in team meetings and collaborative service planning as well as borough-based team meetings, supervision and training
- Perform crisis response services, as required
- Work flexible hours when required
- Other duties as assigned by Team Leader
- HS/HSE diploma plus 3-4 years of experience working with youth or young adults in similar settings OR Bachelors degree and 2 years of continuous work experience in a similar setting
- Demonstrated experience planning activities, facilitating groups and/or mentoring youth and young adults
- Experience with documenting services
- Ability to be flexible to meet participants’ needs
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.