Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - #197875
Goldner Capital Management
Date: 04/09/2021 01:31 AM
City: University Place, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Arcadia Medical Resorts of University Place is searching for an LPN for their Skilled Nursing Facility.
Under new Ownership!
Competitive Wages and Benefits!
In conjunction with nursing management, the LPN utilizes a general understanding of the principles of nursing and basic physical assessment skills in the development and implementation of individualized nursing care plans to ensure that the needs of the residents are met. He/she assists in the orientation and provides supervision of nursing staff, attends to the daily operations of the unit, and assumes responsibilities of a leadership role.
1. Takes an active role in direct resident assessment and care.
2. Administers medication and/or treatment to residents as per physicians’ orders and in accordance with policies and procedures.
3. Responsible for clinical documentation related to resident treatment and activity according to facility policies.
4. Assists in developing and implementing resident care plan and nursing care plan.
5. Counts and records class drugs beginning and ending of shift.
6. Communicates pertinent data to charge nurse, superior, and/or physician.
7. Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of residents.
8. Assists physician in rounds and examination of residents.
9. Supervises and coordinates nursing staff in providing direct resident care in adherence to state, federal, and corporate guidelines, and Human Recourse policies.
10. Effectively utilizes the general principles of leadership and supervision.
11. Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
OTHER DUTIES OF Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
1. Interacts with residents, families, visitors, facility, and corporate staff.
2. Carries out other tasks as requested in situations where hands-on intervention/participation may be required.
3. May be required to work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends, additional hours, and in different positions as the facility’s needs require.
4. Must practice good personal hygiene and follow the dress code requirements.
5. Must provide annual verification of a negative TB skin test as required.
- Must be a graduate of an approved school for registered nursing and must have a current and valid license in the State in which you wish to work.
- Experience is preferred in rehabilitative or geriatric nursing.
OTHER LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must possess understanding, patience, courtesy, and tact when interacting with residents, families, visitors, and staff.
2. Must possess the ability to positively interact with staff, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the public.
3. Must have thorough knowledge of nursing techniques and practices.
4. Must have thorough knowledge of medications, their proper dosage, and expected results.
5. Must be skilled in handling and manipulating instruments and equipment.
6. Must have thorough knowledge of the specialized procedures applied and equipment used in the area assigned.
7. Must possess the ability to work independently, problem solve and make decisions as necessary.
8. Must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions which may be of a technical nature in the English language.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Ability to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Current state LPN license.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.