Warehouse Shuttle Driver - #197874
Date: 04/09/2021 01:31 AM
City: Linthicum Heights, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Shuttle Driver accurately interprets various warehouse documents to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and then delivers those accordingly.
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, 6:30 AM - 2:30 PM. Occasional Saturday hours may be needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive truck in a safe manner and in compliance with D.O.T. regulations
- Operate tractor trailer to move loads between warehouses.
- Manage storage trailer inventory at multiple warehouse locations.
- Prepare, receive and provide appropriate documentation for delivery or pick up of goods.
- Manage vehicle inspection and maintenance with the mechanic shop.
- Maintain logs of travel and cargo according to federal and state regulations.
- Inspect equipment daily to ensure that it remains in safe and efficient working order. Notify management of needed repairs.
- Keep vehicle fueled in accordance to management instructions and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 -2 years' of experience working in a warehouse.
- 2+ years of experience driving a truck.
- Must have a CDL-A license and clean driving record.
- Prior experience with good documentation practices.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work overtime as needed.