CDI Specialist - #197864
SCL Health Corporate
Date: 04/09/2021 01:31 AM
City: De Beque, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Clinical Documentation (CDI) Specialist.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You're generous with your thoughts, your partnerships and especially your voice, because your opinion matters.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
We are excited to be expanding our CDI team and are looking for additional CDI Specialists to join our collaborative and well-supported team.
Our CDI Specialists work in a 100% electronic system, with EPIC and 3M 360 CDIS, working directly with physicians as well as other care team members. Our team is supported by two educators, allowing for the support you need to be successful in your day-to-day role.
Our advanced CDI team is progressive and on the forefront of industry CDI strategies in alignment with national organizations such as ACDIS and AHIMA.
St. Mary's Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we've launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we'll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set. We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We'll laugh at each other's jokes (even the bad ones). We'll hello and high five. We'll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We're proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a CDI Specialist, you need to know how to:
- Ensure clinical documentation is accurate, compliant and specific to reflect the severity of illness and risk of mortality of the patient.
- Facilitate concurrent documentation of the medical record to realize accurate and complete representation of the Severity of Illness and Risk of Mortality of the patient, resulting in the appropriate ICD-10 code/DRG assignment.
- Work collaboratively with medical, nursing, ancillary, and coding staff to improve the quality of chart documentation.
- Identify complications and co-morbid conditions, specify co-existing conditions and causal agents, and follow-up with physicians responsible for care of the patient for appropriate documentation.
- Identify the need to clarify documentation in the medical record and communicate with physicians face-to-face or using the appropriate âqueryâ tools.
- Stay abreast of coding guidelines, reimbursement methodologies, regulatory compliance and quality based programs. Maintain thorough and current knowledge of clinical care and treatment options to critically assess appropriateness of documentation. Maintain thorough clinical knowledge of disease processes, pathophysiology and pharmacology.
- Serve as a resource and educate physicians on linking coding guidelines and medical terminology to capture accurate final code assignment.
- Promote mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abide by service behavior standards.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Associate's degree in Nursing, required
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, preferred
- Active RN license in good standing, required
- Minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience in an acute care setting or one (1) or more years of experience as a Clinical Documentation Specialist in an acute care setting, required
- CDIP or CCDS certification, preferred
- CDI experience, preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a CDI Specialist on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.