VP, Sales - Americas North Region - #197863
Date: 04/09/2021 01:31 AM
City: Raleigh, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Mirantis is the fastest way to modern apps, providing containers-as-a-service at enterprise scale. The company uses a unique as-a-service model to deliver Kubernetes and related open source software, empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere - from public cloud to hybrid cloud to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Splunk, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
Mirantis is adding a VP, Sales Americas North Region to our team! In this role you will thrive on a fast paced, dynamic and exciting team. You will be motivated by working in a challenging, rewarding environment, excited by change and positively impact the growth of your team, colleagues and customers. You will be responsible for forecasting quarterly sales and the ongoing enablement of your team. You will lead a team of experienced major Account Executives and be responsible for business planning for the region. Your overall focus areas are leading and managing Senior Account Executives in our sales process, building a pipeline of new business opportunities, qualifying, proposing and winning Software, Solutions and Services business. Cross-functional teams from Marketing, pre-sales Engineering, Solutions & Services and Product Development functions will provide support and tools for you to leverage to exceed performance goals.
Remote Opportunity - MUST be located in US
- Define and execute a business plan for Northern Americas that meets top line bookings and business objectives.
- Develop a strong portfolio of customers across customer segments and industry verticals.
- Hire and retain great talent; build and grow teams across the region; provide enablement, mentoring, and development opportunities.
- Devise, implement, and refine sales strategy that aligns with company goals; drive all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Set sales targets, oversee the sales budget and operating costs and provide updated accurate sales forecasting. Assist in the creation, implementation and management of a revised sales commission plan.
- Partner with Sales Operations to utilize quantitative sales data to react to changing trends or new competitive threats and opportunities.
- Oversee the sales enablement program to ensure sales teams are able to achieve set targets that support overall company revenue objectives.
- Manage key customers and partner relationships to drive revenue growth.
- Understand market competition, be familiar with competing companies and their product suites and provide feedback and recommendations to executive team.
- Collaborate with the Mirantis team on strategy development, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
- 15+ years of enterprise software sales and sales management experience with a record of exceeding objectives.
- Significant experience in platform sales.
- Prior Executive roles leading a Senior Sales team.
- Domain experience with Open Source software and/or Cloud-based solutions (DevOps, Agile Application Development).
- Successful experience managing a structured sales process for high value, complex products.
- MEDDPICC forecasting methodology or similar is desirable.
- Demonstrated sales leadership of remote teams, with expertise in: people development, account development, organizational management, sales management, and sales operations.
- Strong track record of building and leading high performance sales teams exceeding annual growth targets.
- Foresight to anticipate and create new business opportunities.
- Creative, innovative with an entrepreneurial spirit, driven by data based decisions, followed by action.
- Desire to take ownership and accountability to achieve business results.
- Highly analytical, operationally oriented and metrics driven, with a drive to succeed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire trust and confidence. Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels by virtue of keen business acumen, professional competence, integrity and personal style.
- Resourceful team player with a "get it done” attitude; willingness to go the extra mile.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time (post COVID-19).
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work for an established leader in the Cloud Native industry with over 800 enterprise customers, HQ’d in Silicon Valley.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune and Global 2000 customers implement modern open source cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Professional development and training.
- Attend conferences and working groups.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and pre IPO stock options.
Mirantis ranked in the top 50 of G2's Best IT Cloud Products of 2021!