Inventory Control Group Lead (2nd Shift) - #197841
Date: 04/09/2021 01:02 AM
City: Florence, Kentucky
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world's leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Lead the daily operations as defined in the inventory control procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in monitoring performance of the department and assurance of optimum performance. To achieve this, utilize existing procedures, or offer suggestions/ideas to develop and implement revisions or new procedures as deemed necessary.
- Assist in drive for shortest processing time possible on all received material and continually improve the processing time performance. Recommend overtime or other recovery methods as necessary.
- Assure that all tools, equipment, and visual aids necessary for efficient and accurate completion of pertinent tasks are in proper working order and of the latest revision.
- Provide frequent and accurate feedback to the Inventory Control and Quality departments and assist with problem solving associated with schedules, equipment, documentation, and personnel.
- Interface with all departmental supervisors, support functions, engineering, program management, and other pertinent functions within the plant operations.
- Ensures accuracy of record keeping of documents pertaining to shipping, receiving and stockroom.
- Verifying aging of material in receiving & shipping locations and ensure accuracy of these materials.
- Ensure that the production line receives the correct parts for manufacturing.
- Ensure all material is stocked promptly and accurately.
- Eliminate errors that can impact performance against quality, budget and efficiency of department.
- Identify performance issues and strengths for team members to Inventory Control supervisors.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.