Mobile Crane Operator - #197832
Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold Inc.
Date: 04/09/2021 01:01 AM
City: Morenci, Arizona
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Responsible for safely operating all types of cranes and boom trucks. Inspect and assist with the inspection reports for cranes, boom trucks and forklifts. Assist with minor repairs on equipment.
- Responsible for safely operating all types of cranes up to 150 tons
- Assist site management by actively participating in company safety programs including behavioral audits, JSA's, SOP's, Near Miss Reporting, Metals and other programs determined by management
- Assist management in complying with company policies and procedures and environmental compliance
- Inspect and assist with the inspection reports for cranes and boom trucks and performing minor repairs on equipment
- Perform other duties as required
- Two (2) years of experience in a related Industrial Maintenance/Construction mechanical Mobile Crane Operator field working with large mobile cranes (150 ton and greater capacity), boom trucks and forklifts
- Selected Candidate shall pass the Hands-On Test - this exam will be a demonstration of practical skills to include diagnostics
- Must pass Annual Physical (to include color recognition and depth perception)
- Experience in rigging procedures and load charts
- Experience in mobile crane Preventative Maintenance practices and Inspection procedures
- Experience in cable reeling and crane load testing
- Must be self-motivated, display leadership qualities and serve as an active member of a high performance team
- Ability and willingness to learn about new equipment for the purpose of task training and mentoring others in the safe operation of cranes
- Advanced computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Effective written, verbal, and communication skills to satisfy training, safety, and electronic message transmission policies of the company
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic equipment
- Ability to read, understand and apply information from technical manuals, blueprints and schematics for trouble shooting and repair
- Good safety and attendance records
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and both scheduled and unscheduled overtime at a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week, 365 day/ year operation
- Ability to work overtime as required - this is a day-shift position and may require overtime and responding to call-outs
- Must be eligible for transfer/promotion as per the Guiding Principles (internal candidates)
- High School diploma or GED
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Mobile Crane Certified
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability