Inbound Logistics Specialist - #197806
Date: 04/09/2021 00:30 AM
City: Anchorage, Alaska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City.
The secret to our 40+ years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Complete Benefits Package Includes:
- Medical Plans with UHC and HSA/FSA available
- Vision with hardware replacement yearly!
- ESOP-Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Holiday Pay
- College Tuition for all employees and their dependents
- On the job training
- Year round full time employment
- Employee appreciation events
Job Summary: The Inbound Logistics Specialist is an Anchorage based position; responsible for making decisions on how to load, dispatch, and run trucks, resolve issues that arise at time of loading with minimal distruption to freight income, carrier costs and on-time delivery. Monitor and provide necessary instructions to carriers, warehouse, and x-dock facilities. Afterhours on-call duty. Other duties as assigned by Logistics Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Exercise prudent independent judgement on carriers and carrier costs, while keeping the impact these decisions will have on the divisional freight budgets
- Resolve issues with carriers or delivery problems for at the division level
- Responsible for on-time delivery and load efficiency
- Scrutinize how freight is scheduled, routed and built to maximize profitability of each load, while controlling carrier expense
- Ability to make quick decisions based on experience and business knowledge, without having to consult with each individual stakeholder
- Work with purchasing daily to coordinate loads and scheduling
- Monitor loading process at warehouse and x-docks
- Communicate with Purchasing in regards to all truck issues on a daily basis.
- Provide assistance with any issues related to inbound transportation.
- Troubleshoot any problems on loads
Prior Logistics and Dispatch experience preferred.
- Must be available via company phone to answer questions and problem solve when on call.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must exercise initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making.
- Organized, detail, and goal oriented.
- Ability to use time productively, efficiently, and meet challenging work goals.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Must be proficient in Retalix Power Enterprise, Power Warehouse, PTO
- Must be proficient in Windows environments, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must be a self-starter, with ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to cube trucks while maximizing capacity of trailers and keeping trucks within legal weight.
- Knowledge of proper temps to run trucks with different produce commodities.
Extensive knowledge of West Coast geography and shipping points within the states of CA, AZ, TX, WA, and OR.