Supply Chain Technician I - #197788
Providence Health & Services
Date: 04/09/2021 00:30 AM
City: Centralia, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Supply Chain Technician I (Part-time, Days) to our location in Centralia, WA.
We are seeking a Supply Chain Technician I to be responsible for typical supply chain operations and logistics functions to include receiving, distribution, picking, put-away, product delivery and par/point of use replenishment and stocking as well as input of patient charges as directed.
This position also is responsible for working with customers within their specific ministry ensuring an effective and streamlined supply chain experience at the local ministry/site for all caregivers they serve.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Supply Chain Operations supports daily Supply Chain operations and logistics functions at acute care ministries, medical group clinics, long term care facilities and warehouse operations for their respective ministry.
The incumbent performs all duties in a manner that promotes Providence Mission, Core Values, and philosophy. In all aspects, he/she serves as a role model for the Core Values and Mission of the organization.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Masters all identified tasks in the attached Supply Chain Tech competency training list within 90 days. (Tasks as required by Ministry.)
- Sustains mastery in all identified tasks listed in the attached Supply Chain Tech competency task list. (Tasks as required by Ministry.)
- Inventories, issues, picks and delivers supplies and equipment in an accurate and timely manner while meeting supply chain productivity goals throughout the servicing ministry.
- Using extreme attention to detail and a strong ability to follow procedures, sustains Ministry determined performance based standards such as picking accuracy, pick rate, and/or data entry.
- Utilizes computers, pallet jacks and other similar heavy duty materials handling equipment to locate, determine levels and move supplies.
- Utilizes Materials Management Information System (MMIS) and Mobile Supply Chain Management computerized systems to accomplish all supply chain technician tasks.
- Assists in the completion of periodic cycle and physical inventory counts.
- Rotates inventory supplies based upon expiration dates and numbers.
- Initiates and finalizes all data entry of medical and non-medical supplies to the departments.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the storeroom in accordance with medical inventory standards and Joint Commission guidelines.
- Assist Supply Chain Tech III with receiving functions.
- Access and analyze MSCM and MMIS reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent or a combination of education and directly applicable related work experience.
- Health stream Customer Service Certification required or must be completed within 30 days of hire.
- Basic computer and software skills.
- Ability to operate office equipment, computers, fax, copier, etc.
- Organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks to complete required duties within established time schedule.
- Proven ability to communicate.
- Ability to understand and utilize inventory and distribution capabilities of MMIS systems.
- Possesses an ability to work with a wide range of supplies and people under sometimes stressful circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts through diplomatic facilitation, sound negotiation and consensus building.
- Knowledgeable with the MS-Office products such as word and excel.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal and verbal skills when communicating with wide variety of people from differing literacy levels, languages and cultures.
- Exhibits the necessary written and computer skills for effective communication and documentation.
- Able to read, write and speak English and adapt to change at a sometimes rapid pace.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs and push wheeled carts weighing up to 800lbs over hard surfaces.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Relevant experience in a warehouse or storeroom environment recommended, preferably one in which an electronic inventory management system was used.
- Medical materials management experience.
About the department you will serve.
Supply Chain Management supports the transformation of quality and affordable care by delivering excellence through a system wide, integrated supply chain that provides strategic leadership and services to customers and caregivers. This team is proud to be the service that fills the caring hands that heal patients.