94Y Integrated Family of Test Equipment Operator - #197782
Army National Guard
Date: 04/09/2021 00:02 AM
City: Colfax, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
It takes highly trained and skilled individuals to keep the Army National Guard’s sophisticated weapons operating at top performance. The Integrated Family of Test Equipment (IFTE) Operator/Maintainer supports Army National Guard operations in the field by performing maintenance on shop replaceable units, system supported line replaceable units, and test program sets.
The IFTE Operator/Maintainer is primarily responsible for maintaining the base shop test facility. Specific duties may include: performing electronic maintenance, adjustments, and tests; operating and performing preventive maintenance checks and services on assigned vehicles and power generators; performing march order and emplacement of the base shop test facility; installing supported weapon system test program sets; replacing defective components and performing base shop test facility alignments; reading technical diagrams and manuals; and replacing equipment parts, such as resistors, switches, and circuit boards.
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
- Use and maintenance of electrical and electronic test equipment
- Equipment repair exercises
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in solving problems
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career in manufacturing companies, medical research facilities, satellite communications firms, or commercial airline companies. The same skills may also prepare you for a future with the Federal Aviation Administration, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, or the National Weather Service. With some additional study, you may be able to qualify for the Electronics Technician Association (ETA) certification.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an IFTE Operator/Maintainer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 34 weeks of classroom instruction, including practice in repairing and replacing equipment parts
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
Other Job Information
Job ID: 1362843
ZIP Code: 501311824
Job Category: Mechanic and Maintenance
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 Electrical electronics installers repairers commercial and industrial equipment electric motor power tool powerhouse substation relay equipment