Market Operations Manager - #197771
Date: 04/09/2021 00:00 AM
City: Omaha, Nebraska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we are not salespeople. We have made it our mission to create a
hassle-free way for people to buy and sell cars. We saw a huge problem with how much of a headache it is to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to put customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we have built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our
customers time and money. Customers can search through thousands of vehicles online, see full
360-degree views of both the interior and exterior of the vehicles before deciding to go through the
purchasing process. Our Customer Advocates will then either deliver the purchased vehicle to our
customer's driveway using one of our kick-ass one car haulers, or they will meet our customers at one of our amazing coin-operated Vending Machines.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
About the team and position
Carvana's Market Operation department is known for its team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
We expect bright people who are willing to roll up their sleeves, step in wherever needed, mentor and develop team members, and assume additional responsibilities as needed while juggling multiple
projects. Don't forget to bring your personality! We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
Market Operations Managers (also known as MOMs) at Carvana play a dynamic role. They need to be
great communicators, brand ambassadors, and possess the know-how to get the job done. Leadership skills are critical, as MOMs provide vision for a team of extremely talented people, ranging anywhere
from Lot Attendants to Team Leads, and are responsible for developing their teams into highly organized units. Not unlike your traditional mom, they consistently strive to see others succeed and grow, which
they influence through their big picture thinking, and excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What you'll be Doing
MOMs wear a lot of hats. They oversee logistics, inventory quality, scheduling, registration paperwork, customer experience, employee experience, community outreach, mentoring and training programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Own your market and everything that comes with it, including (but not limited to); market
launch, operations, logistics, strategic planning, consumer branding, team engagement and
effectiveness and, 24-7 on call for emergency facility response, and of course, the market's
- Be a continuous positive force within the hub, creating strong morale and spirit throughout the
- Drive the implementation of company goals by motivating and supporting the management
team within the market to develop and implement action plans that meet operational and
- Help to interview, select, onboard and train all members of your team, from Lot Attendants to
Team Leads, and give them the tools, resources and guidance they need to be successful.
Employee development is an essential part of this role.
- Develop the market leadership team by regularly conducting performance check-ins, providing
feedback, and setting goals to improve overall performance and skill set.
- Be the go to expert for your team. You're always ready to jump in alongside an Advocate to
wash cars or jump into our kick-ass single-car hauler and deliver cars to our customers while
providing a stellar customer experience.
- Balance execution, process improvement and impeccable customer service
- Drive production in a fast-paced customer service environment and keep every detail of your
market operating like a well oiled machine
- Maintaining and producing daily, weekly and monthly reports of quality metrics and respective
targets and goals
- Proactively communicating with senior leaders regarding business performance, adverse impact
of decisions on customers and potential risk to the business
- Other duties as assigned
What you should have
- 7+ years' work experience in a customer facing team environment
- 5+ years' of people management experience
- 3+ years' of leadership management experience
- A strong sense of urgency with the ability to improve operational efficiency
- Proven history of developing and coaching employees
- Experience with strategic planning and process improvement
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- The ability to operate in ambiguity
- Willingness to work on weekends
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere
where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
It would be great if you also had
- Bachelor's Degree
- High influencing skills
- Experience with SalseForce or Tableau
- An analytical mind
- Experience handling logistics
- Experience leading salaried leaders
What we'll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your
pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied
and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- The ability to walk/stand and sustain physical activity for extended periods of time (8+ hours).
- Requires high and low levels of movement with the ability to reach with arms, twist, kneel,
crouch, climb, balance, and squat.
- Requires the grasping, carrying, lifting, pushing, and pulling of items up to 50lbs.
- Frequent driving requires excellent visual activity and manual dexterity.
- Requires to work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to stay in stationary potions for extended periods of time (when driving) up to 3
hours at a time.
- Frequently communicates with customers and must be able to exchange accurate information.
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.