Assistant Food Service Manager - #197758
Date: 04/08/2021 23:32 PM
City: Kingsport, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About the Job:
As a key member of the store management team, the responsibilities of the Assistant Food Service Manager include providing exceptional customer service, leading by example, driving sales by effectively merchandizing fresh product in the department while assisting the Food Service Manager by building a productive staff through teamwork and effective training.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure efficient and courteous customer service at all times in support of the company mission to "Run the Best Store in Town!"
- Lead by example and set the standard for customer service, associate relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance, and overall profitability
- Maintain a positive attitude; create an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
- Generate a positive, friendly, and fun working environment with a customer first initiative by encouraging associates to greet and speak to customers, provide prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service.
- Interact professionally with management team, associates, supervision, and customers
- Assist the Food Service Manager in running all areas of the Food Service operations
- Provide Food Service Department associates with training and development in required skills and areas of job responsibilities
- Implement and enforce all marketing programs and merchandising plans including plan-o-grams
- Assist in ordering all merchandise to achieve a minimum inventory consistent with good operations, while avoiding out-of-product conditions
- Complete all department paperwork adhering to Model Store standards including department inventory
- Inspect and rotate product on a regular basis while maintaining close dated items on Electronic Short Date List
- Maintain a clean and safe department according to company standards utilizing Sanitation schedules and daily to-do lists
- Follow and implement all policies and procedures including all local, state, and federal regulations as it pertains to the Food Service department
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Store Manager, Food Service Manager, Department Managers, and all Food Service associates providing them with information or instruction
- Assist the Food Service Manager in enforcing and maintaining the company Food Safety program
- Responsible for attending on-site work during scheduled shifts to adhere to company time and attendance policies
- 1-2 years' experience in Food Service Department operations
- Must be able to resolve differences and diffuse difficult situations (customers and associates) through diplomatic means
- Must be knowledgeable in various training methods
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or written instructions, perform routine and repetitive tasks, and have constant contact/interaction with various levels of individuals on a daily basis
- Flexibility in work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lead by example to give Food City Customers their best shopping experience
- Knowledge of Food City policies and procedures
- Expertise of all job duties associates must perform in each area of responsibility
- Ability to attend on-site work during scheduled shifts to adhere to company time and attendance policies
Benefits of working for Food City:
401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Weekly Pay Checks with Direct Deposit, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, Medical Plan with wellness benefits, Dental Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Associate Offers, and so much more!
About Food City:
Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a driving mission to "run the best store in town." Dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, we encourage our associates to get involved with their local civic organizations. We consider our associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the company is currently owned by our associates through our employee stock ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services and products we provide. Whether your passion is baking, accounting, or trucking, Food City has a promising career opportunity for you. We offer flexible schedules to ensure our associates have ample time to spend with family and friends. If you're looking for a great career or the opportunity to try something different, consider becoming part of the Food City family.