Structural Engineer - #197757
Date: 04/08/2021 23:32 PM
City: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As a Structural Engineer in our Fayetteville, AR office, you will provide various engineering and project management duties related to evaluating, designing, and constructing projects. You may assist with developing the project scope and schedule, project documentation, and reviewing shop drawings. Travel may be needed to job sites for observation in all types of terrain and weather conditions, as well as project sites in various stages of construction. Opportunities to mentor younger or less experienced staff may be available along with client relations.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Licensed Professional/Structural Engineer or ability to obtain license within 6 months
- 4 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience designing for water/wastewater structures preferred
- ABET accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD/Revit or BIM
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.