Equipment Operator I - #197739
City of Garden City, KS
Date: 04/08/2021 23:32 PM
City: Garden City, Kansas
Salary: $15 - $20 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The City of Garden City is hiring for an Equipment Operator I for the Street Department! This position is responsible for work activities for the repair and maintenance of streets, alleys, and drainage ways.
Examples of Duties
Principal Job Responsibilities:
Maintains and operates street sweepers.
Services equipment and assists mechanics.
- Prepares for and participates in work activities during snow season as required.
- Assists other departments with Street Department related activities, including special events.
- Required "on call" duty, including storm call outs.
- Subject to the Departments Random Drug/Alcohol testing program.
- Maintains equipment, vehicles, tools, supplies, facilities, and grounds.
- Required - Kansas CDL Driver’s License.
- May act as a work leader at the discretion of the Foreman.
- Performs any other duties as assigned as long as it is non-certified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of safety practices and procedures. Knowledge of traffic laws, ordinances and regulations involved in operating equipment. Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety practices and procedures. Ability to perform physical work activities in various weather conditions. Ability to understand verbal and written instructions. Ability to communicate with City employees.
Education, Certification and Experience:
High school diploma or GED. Six months’ experience as a laborer. Valid Kansas driver's license required, but must be able to obtain a Kansas CDL driver's license within the first six months of employment. Applicant must make available drug testing history and pass drug test.