Analytical Chemist II - #197691
Eurofins Central Laboratory
Date: 04/08/2021 22:31 PM
City: Augusta, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Kalamazoo, MI, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Prepare analytical samples and assay reagents for characterization of peptides, proteins, and bioconjugates according to established procedures.
- Support formulation and stability studies by analyzing samples as scheduled.
- Run analytical methods, which may include HPLC, UPLC, SEC, gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, total protein analysis, amino acid analysis or similar methods.
- Manage samples including ensuring proper storage and handling of samples
- Perform data analysis by using instrument computer software and office applications such as Empower, Chemstation, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Use low-volume laboratory liquid sample handling equipment (micropipettes) to prepare samples and solutions
- Work with multiple scientists within the group to effectively schedule work
- Document lab activities using appropriate format, i.e., excel, notebook, etc.
- Generation of data summaries.
- Method Development and Method Validation activities
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration plus a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant lab experience, or PhD
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with chromatography, mass spectrometry, gel electrophoresis, physical chemistry
- Experience with Empower, Waters Agilent, and ChemStation
- Biological analytical skills are preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living in a commutable distance to Kalamazoo, MI are encouraged to apply.
What we Offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.