ARTILLERY REPAIRER (Title 32) - #197677
US Department of the Army
Date: 04/08/2021 22:30 PM
City: Gatesville, Texas
Salary: $23 - $27 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This position is located within the J4, at the Maneuver and Training Equipment Site (MATES), in Gatesville, Texas. The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance, repair, and inspections on the electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical components on armored vehicle turrets.
- Performs maintenance on the electrical system of the turrets.
- Tests and repairs electrical test sets that are used to test the electrical systems of the tank turret.
- Repairs the hydraulic system, which provides the pressure to elevate and traverse the gun and rotate the turret.
- Repairs all mechanical parts involved in turret traversing, such as the traversing gearbox including the clutch assembly, and turret races including cupola bearings.
- Services the gun by exercising the recoil system to check for leaks in the seals.
- May also work on ITVs, howitzers, and other less complex equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link: WG-6605-10, D1224000
Job family (Series)
6605 Artillery Repairing
Conditions of Employment
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Indefinite Excepted Service position open nationwide including, members assigned to the Texas Army National Guard. Indefinite appointments are used when there is a need for a temporary position to extend beyond one year or management expects the position to become permanent at some time in the future. Competitive procedures must be used when filling a position on an indefinite basis.
Area of Consideration: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite, and temporary personnel of the Texas Army National Guard.
- All current members of the Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Army National Guard.
Military Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and/or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office of the Recruiting/Retention office.
- Texas Army National Guard membership is required.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance within 12 months of appointment.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
- This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
- Direct deposit is mandatory.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. Need not have MOS to apply. Upon selection, individuals must be assigned to a compatible military duty position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations and must obtain/maintain all requirements of the MOS within one year of appointment.
E-1(PVT) through E-9(SGM)
Compatible Military Assignments:
Enlisted CMF/MOS: 91, 94, 13B, 13Z
Warrant OBR: 91, 94
To qualify at the WG-10 grade level, your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting the following:
Specialized Experience Required:
Must have at least 18 months experience or training demonstrating a broad knowledge in repairing, rebuilding, modifying and testing mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems and major components of artillery systems. Experience in diagnosing malfunctions and determining needed repairs in artillery systems. Experience demonstrating the ability to inspect artillery systems. Experience which demonstrates the ability to develop test standards. Experience interpreting and applying drawings, schematics, blueprints, diagrams and specifications
There is not an educational requirement for this position
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be qualified, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume should include the following for related positions held:
- Work schedule (ex. Full-time, part-time, intermittent)
- Hours worked per week
- To and From dates (ex. MM/YYYY - MM/YYYY)
- Duties performed
2. Other supporting documents: N/A
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Federal employees - Excepted service
Current excepted service federal employees
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members
Clarification from the agency
Nationwide (See Area of Consideration) / Texas Army National Guard Membership is Required