Patient Observer-Behav Care (PRN, Greenville Memorial) - #197670
Date: 04/08/2021 22:30 PM
City: Greenville, South Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Observes patients and ensures patient safety while actively preventing self-harm or harm to others.
- Observes assigned patient(s) and documents observations according to policy (restraint policy/suicide precautions). - 50%
- Ensures patient safety. Identifies any potential risk to patient or to others. - 10%
- Ensures the patient does not leave the room unattended and notifies/engages assistance from unit staff and/or Security if patient tries to leave the unit/facility. - 5%
- Reports unusual occurrences, problems and/or changes to assigned Registered Nurse. - 5%
- Assumes responsibility for meeting patient needs such as vital signs, hygiene, linen changes, turning and positioning, eating, ambulation, patient transfers and transports. - 5%
- Provides comfort measures and diversional activities as directed by Registered Nurse. - 5%
- Accurately documents treatments/procedures, observations, nursing care and patient activities according to Policies and Procedures. - 5%
- Assists nurse and/or MD with patient care, procedures/treatments as appropriate. * - 5%
- Maintains patient confidentiality. - 5%
- Performs other duties as assigned. - 5%
- Education - High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience - No previous experience required
- Certified Nursing Assistant certified Patient Care Assistant or equivalent training
- CPR Heartsaver
Other Required Skills/Experience -
Must possess the knowledge and skills to care for patients; other training as required by department.
Evening (United States of America)
Greenville Memorial Med Campus
1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.