Accounting Manager - #197668
Date: 04/08/2021 22:30 PM
City: San Francisco, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Upwave is the Brand Intelligence Platform. We make brand marketing more impactful.
Upwave plans, measures, and optimizes brand marketing. With our Brand Campaign Measurement and Instant Insights products, we provide a software & data platform to the world's largest brand marketers.
Our customers are Fortune 500 companies across multiple verticals - including CPG, food & beverage, consumer technology & telecom, and financial services - as well as the world's largest advertising agencies and media platforms.
We are unapologetically supportive of brand advertising, and work hard every day to prove its value; we know if companies can measure the value of those dollars, they'll spend more. Brand advertising pays for not only the movies we watch and music we hear, but the journalism we read and the information we access. In short, brand advertising supports the free flow of information through society. So, we're proud to be the first company dedicated to using data science to show enterprises the true effectiveness of their brand spend.
We are backed by leading venture investors (Y Combinator, Uncork Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Initialized Capital, PivotNorth, Ridge Ventures, Industry Ventures, Conductive Ventures,) and leading MarTech founders & CEOs.
We're a humble but ambitious team that takes its work seriously but never ourselves. Come join us.
What you will do:
- Manage the monthly and quarterly close process, working cross-functionally to ensure delivery of on-time and accurate monthly financial statements which are in compliance with GAAP
- Own revenue recognition, general ledger, accruals and reconciliations
- Prepare & review daily cash balance and maintain cash flow forecast to accurately project monthly/weekly cash inflows and outflows
- Manage AR/AP clerk, assist with collections and payments as needed
- Drive improvement in business processes, internal controls and accounting procedures
- Serve as the main point of contact for external auditors and drive the year-end audit process. Prepare and review supporting schedules and documentation as necessary.
- Support FP&A in identifying and analyzing variances from plan
- You have 5 or more years corporate accounting experience
- You have strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls
- You have working knowledge of NetSuite
- You have strong Microsoft Excel and GSuite skills
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- You are a self-starter, team player and able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- You thrive in a startup environment
- CPA and/or Big 4 experience
- Experience in enterprise software companies
- Experience with Bill.com, Expensify and/or Gusto
- Experience with payroll processing
Upwave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.