Aggregate Plant Manager-Massillon, OH - #197663
Date: 04/08/2021 22:04 PM
City: Dellroy, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job ID: 280259
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
Oversee and direct operations of a Shelly Company facility including personnel, equipment, trucking, rail, and materials.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Oversee and direct operations at a Shelly Company facility.
- Ensure that all operations are in full compliance with federal and state regulations, including OSHA, MSHA, DEP, etc.
- Supervise and direct all facility personnel, ensure proper placement of resources.
- Ensure compliance with The Shelly Company Manual of Safety Practices & Procedures.
- Enforce company policies, procedures and work rules; discipline when necessary and document all employee performance issues.
- Enforce company safety rules and conduct safety meetings, including tool box talks; ensure facilities are operating in a safe manner.
- Identify and resolve regulatory, safety, personnel, and production problems, in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain proper job records such as schedules, etc.
- Maintain strong customer and supplier relationships.
Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
- Assist with various training initiatives as necessary.
- Attend relevant conferences/seminars/shows (with Manager approval) relative to technological advancements.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Willingness to develop subordinates’ technical and leadership skills and make recommendations for new job opportunities when appropriate.
- Effective management of employee performance through coaching, feedback (written and verbal), rewards, and discipline when necessary.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to get work done through others using effective delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school; or two or more years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold
- The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and may require protective equipment.
What CRH Americas Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.