Project Manager - #197659
The University of Iowa
Date: 04/08/2021 22:04 PM
City: Kalona, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Provides support to and works directly with the Director of the Iowa Reading Research Center (IRRC) to implement policies and procedures of the Center. Initiates/coordinates Center projects and promotes Center services. Achieves project objectives by preparing, completing, and implementing action plans; resolves problems; facilitates cross-project communication and coordination; and determines system improvements.
This is a 12- month, specified term position with possibility for annual renewal. This full-time position is located on site in Iowa City, Iowa in the College of Education Iowa Reading Research Center.
- Leads the planning and implementation of externally funded projects; facilitates the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables; defines project tasks and resource requirements; manages project budget; plans and schedules project timelines.
- Provides direction and support regarding the research base for projects.
- Identifies resources and develops schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Facilitates a dissemination plan for projects including products, reports, and professional development.
Initiation and Planning
- Provides ongoing support to educational staff related to applicable rules and laws.
- Organizes and coordinates the collection of information needed for assigned projects.
- Handles information in a confidential manner in accordance with established policies and legal requirements (FERPA, HIPAA, etc.).
Executing, Monitoring & Controlling and Close out
- Specifies all hardware, software, and supplies as they relate to the functions of this position.
- Interfaces with vendors, other outside companies, and agencies as they relate to the responsibilities of this position.
- Oversees the project budget and related duties, including management of accounts and billing.
- Follows policies, procedures, standards, and rules in accordance with national and state laws, the IDOE, and the University of Iowa which includes, but is not limited to, developing and maintaining proper and adequate records and documentation.
- Facilitates project meetings; develops and distributes meeting agendas and minutes to project team; takes and distributes meeting minutes.
- Identifies issues and possible solutions to propose to the Director.
Metrics and Reports
- Researches, analyzes, and evaluates technologies for use by the Center that may positively impact the needs of the IDOE, AEAs, and LEAs.
- Leads evaluations and assessment of results, monitors and reports on progress of the project to the Director and project team.
For a full job description, please send an e-mail to the contact listed below.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of education or related area, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Typical relevant experience 1-3 years.
- Project management experience. Typical experience is 1 -3 years.
- Experience in instructional technology and various digital/online applications.
- Experience in database management and project management software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Overnight travel may be required. Ability to travel across the state of Iowa.
- Must have valid driver license and ability to meet and maintain UI Risk Management driving requirements.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Three or more years of project management experience.
- Experience with applied research projects.
- Expertise in the area of reading or literacy education.
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and credential check. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.