Procurement Coordinator- Pathology Lab-Ankeny - #197657
Date: 04/08/2021 22:04 PM
City: Ankeny, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Procurement Coordinator supports the delivery of pathology lab by maintaining sufficient supplies to meet customer needs in a timely manner. Responsibilities include analysis of inventory levels and turnover, contract compliance, shortages, and ongoing communication to the Pathology management team.
- Fosters a positive work culture centered on honesty, openness, and integrity
- Builds and maintains relationships with members of the health care team by placing an emphasis on open communication
- Inspires and motivates members of the health care team by building department morale
- Strives to ensure the success of the team over personal success
- Effectively balances the responsibilities of the team and individual team members
- Demonstrates a commitment to the development and achievement of common goals within the department and hospital system
- Demonstrates a commitment to the improvement of patient care, customer satisfaction, and team member performance
- Encourages and provides constructive feedback to identify opportunities for improvement within the department
- Maintains inventory according to KANBAN and works according to LEAN standards adjusting inventory levels based on usage and availability
- Receives shipment of orders from wholesaler and direct purchases.Unpacks supplies from the dock and places on shelves.Checks shipment with invoice, checking expiration dates, and rotating stock
- Collaborates with suppliers to minimize interruptions in service and supply shortages
- Places orders for supply replenishment in a timely manner
- Communicates information about supply availability and changes to the department and customers
- Returns outdated, broken or unusable product for credit
- Maximizes contract compliance by purchasing items identified on group purchasing contracts or portfolios
- Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Exchange of biohazard waste and disposal.
- Oversee the Stericycle operation and attend annual HazWoper\RCRA training.
- Fills supply orders for customers (clinics, nursing homes, and hospitals, etc.)
- Responsible to maintain a clean, orderly, safe work environment
The following are performed on an as needed basis:
- This position may be assigned a specific mission in an emergency to assist in disaster response and recovery as part of the UPH-DM Hospital Emergency Incident Command System.Situations of a critical nature may require an individual to perform multiple tasks until additional support can be obtained
- Functions other than described above may be needed occasionally required to provide optimal patient care
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse.Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff.Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Must be high school graduate or equivalent
Previous laboratory experience preferred.
- Previous inventory experience preferred
Must have ability to analyze written and spoken English.
- Multicultural sensitivity
- Customer/Patient focus
Equipment to be used includes pallet jack, dock cart, electrical dock door and personal computers.