Music Therapist F/T - #197640
Auburn Homes & Services
Date: 04/08/2021 22:01 PM
City: Chaska, Minnesota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Auburn Homes and Services is a not-for-profit senior services organization with Long-Term Care, Transitional Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Enhanced Care, and Hud Subsidized Independent Living Facilities located in Chaska and Waconia Minnesota. In the spirit of Christ's love, we serve others with integrity and compassion.
Full-time Music Therapist - 40 hours per week
Must be willing to work out of both of our facilities located in Chaska, MN and Waconia, MN.
The primary purpose of the Music Therapist is to help clients improve their observable level of functioning and self-reported quality of life in various domains (e.g., cognitive functioning, motor skills, emotional and affective development, behavior, and social skills) by using music experiences (e.g., singing, songwriting, listening to and discussing music, moving to music) to achieve measurable treatment goals and objectives.
Job Duties Include:
- The Music Therapist follows appropriate standards of practice as set forth by the American Music Therapy Association and the Certification Board for Music Therapists.
- The Music Therapist leads the departmental practices and objectives that will provide an atmosphere of high performance standards and a culture which emphasizes the management of Service, Quality, People, and Resources.
- The Music Therapist reports to the Therapeutic Recreation Director and participates in the facility to assure an interdisciplinary approach to service delivery.
- The Music Therapist is responsible for providing the leadership to assure excellence in services by recognizing the worth and potential of each resident, their family, and our staff.
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the music programs of this facility.
- Observe resident attendance, mood, behavior, and degree of involvement so that facility programs and resident progress are evaluated, by noting, reporting, and charting resident behavior.
- Assume the responsibility and accountability of Music Therapist.
- Coordinate music programs with other departments as necessary.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance program for the music therapy program.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as necessary or as may be directed.
- Able to handle all duties in a confidential nature.
- Other job duties as assigned and deemed necessary, as directed by the Activity Director.
- Bachelors Degree in Music Therapy
- CBMT Board Certification
- Maintain licensure or certification requirements for this position
- Ability to embrace Auburn Homes and Services Mission and Governing Values.
- Must be able to travel between our two locations in Chaska, MN and Waconia, MN.
- There will be on-the-job training provided.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employer.