Medical Assistant I - CVI Chambersburg Physician Office - #197630
Date: 04/08/2021 22:01 PM
City: Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Assist physicians with various aspects of patient care (including clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks) ensuring patient satisfaction.
- Check schedules and organizing patient flow. Accompany patients to exam/procedure room.
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.
- Collect patient information/history; taking vitals, performing screenings per provider guidelines. Relay instructions to patients/families.
- Send/receive patient medical records in accordance with Health Insurance.
- Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other state and federal regulations.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to department protocol.
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health).
- Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data. Comply with all UPMC Health System policies and procedures.
- Perform phlebotomy, EKG's, and level one labs.
- Perform clinic procedures according to policy and procedure.
- Assist physicians with procedures. Document patient information into the medical record.
- Answering calls and providing pertinent information including patient education as directed.
- Obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
- Complete forms/requisitions as needed. Schedule appointments. Verify insurance coverage and patient demographics.
- Prepare and managing charts to ensure information completed and filed appropriately. Other front office responsibilities, as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant program preferred or equivalent hospital program or minimum of one year of direct patient care experience.
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of medical terminology, examination, diagnostic and treatment room responsibilities.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) OR Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran