Manager Operations - #197625
Builders Firstsource, Inc.
Date: 04/08/2021 22:00 PM
City: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
A great career opportunity for person with a mindset of team, safety, customer, integrity, and a strong work ethic. We are a Fortune 500 company with over 400 locations throughout the United States and # 1 in our industry. If you are ambitious, wanting a meaningful career path with company of high integrity, culture, and great people, we want to speak with you.
We are a growing business, with strong culture, that works hard as a team to create success within our organization. Family and friends are important, so we rarely work weekends. We provide a very competitive pay package with comprehensive benefits and reinvest in our people with industry specific training.
Under the general direction of the General Manager, manages multiple operations that control the flow of materials both to and from the location in the most time efficient, productive and cost effective method possible. Examples of these operations would be manufacturing, distribution, warehouse, etc.
- Responsible for the overall operations and physical conditions of the location’s facilities and equipment. Oversees the daily operations of the delivery and warehousing functions.
- Budgets & controls operating costs to meet or exceed annual profit targets. Plans operations strategies and goals, establishing each department’s priorities and sequences for the smooth flow of products to customers.
- Reviews team and team member performance on a regular basis by compiling operational reports that measure on-time deliveries, back orders, hours worked, shipments received, etc. to ensure minimum costs, prevent operational delays and to forecast both short and long-term planning needs.
- Resolves problems relating to processes, costs, orders, maintenance, inventory control, equipment/trucks, services, and systems that affect the division’s ability to meet or exceed customer needs.
- Directs the implementation of safe operating practices in compliance with Company and regulatory policies (DOT regulations, forklift operations, OSHA compliance, etc.).
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Supervises employees such as Plant Managers or Supervisors. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and developing/training team members; planning, assigning, directing and delegating work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university, and four-years (4) related work experience in lumber or building materials industry. Multiple assignments in all phases of the business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge/experience in building materials, procurement, inventory management and supervision of people is required.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish