Team Leader - Optical Lab NIGHTS 12 hour shifts - #197620
Date: 04/08/2021 22:00 PM
City: Salt Lake City, Utah
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
This is not just another job, it is an opportunity to learn a new career.
As the Team Lead you will be managing the workload distribution for the department:
- Monitoring Team performance, strengths and weaknesses and providing feedback to Supervisor.
- Monitoring of job quality levels, analysis and processing of rejected jobs and breakage issues.
- Ensuring correct flow of work is processed in a timely manner and old jobs are kept to a minimum.
- Track Associate production figures and provides information to Supervisor for daily reporting.
- Assists in training of new and current Associates.
- Communicates with other Team Leads to resolve department issues.
- Monitor Team capacity and optimally and equitably distribute workload, redeploying staff as required.
Must be able to work the Night Shift Schedule: 4pm - 2:30am and to as late as 4:30am Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Is this the job for you? Here's what we are looking for in a qualified candidate:
· Must be able to read and write English fluently
· Beginner to intermediate knowledge in MS Office including Word & Excel.
· Sustained light (20 lbs. or less) physical effort required.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in a team lead or supervisory position is essential.
· Previous experience in an optical lab environment or similar optical field is preferred.
· General methods or policies are defined and some standard procedures are available.
· Changing situations call for the exercise of regular judgment.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
· PTO Starts After 90 Days
· 10% Shift Deferential Pay
· Company Holiday Days off with Pay
· Overtime Opportunity
· Opportunity for Bonus Per Pay Period
· Full Benefit package
· Work Uniform Provided
· Opportunity for Advancement
· Head Phones Allowed on the Production Floor
· $500 Referral Bonus Offered
· Workout Fitness Gym on Site
· No License or Certificates Needed
· Break room comes with full size refrigerators, microwaves, meals, drinks, snacks able to purchase.