Care Transition Coordinator (RN, LPN, PT, PTA, OT, or COTA) - #197598
Date: 04/08/2021 21:31 PM
City: Lehi, Utah
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Patient Coverage Area: Lehi, American Fork, Orem, Provo
Are you a Nurse Clinician or Therapist in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer.
Encompass Health - Home Health is hiring a Care Transition Coordinator.
We believe integrated care delivery across the healthcare continuum is critical to achieving the best outcomes for patients. With the most advanced technology and a coordinated care treatment approach, we can provide a seamless transition for patients and help them navigate their post- acute care
Consistently ranked as Fortune’s Best Place to Work for Health Care, Millennials, Diversity and Modern Heath Care, we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive to our employees and fosters a unique culture that is inclusive and collaborative.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Work / Life Balance
- State-of-the-art resources and tools for secure, compliant, reliable and organized communication between patients and their care team
- Generous Paid Time Off plans for full-time employees – 30 days!!
- Web-based education and online instruction to increase knowledge and competency
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Mileage Reimbursement / Car Fleet program
- Incentivized Bonus Plan
- Company Car Program / Mileage Reimbursement
Career Development & Growth Opportunities
*** RN, LPN, PT, PTA, OT, COTA ****
Encompass Health is growing and seeks to offer a rewarding career opportunity to a clinician or therapist as a Care Transition Coordinator who has at least 3 years of field experience, excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with diverse individuals.
The Care Transition Coordinator is a multi-faceted position working with medical professionals in the community, patients in hospitals, SNF and IRFs and Encompass field colleagues. The CTC will build strategic relationships with physicians, educate, and implement a safe transitional protocol between physicians and their patients who have been identified to receive care in their home.
The Care Transition Coordinator is responsible for the admission activity of the Care Transitions Program and ensures there is a positive impact on patient outcomes and referral source satisfaction.
- Represent Encompass in transitional care activities and strategic relationships with physician groups, health systems, hospitals, and inpatient facilities.
- Integrate clinical & preventative guidelines and protocols in the development of the transition plans that are patient-centered, promoting quality and efficiency in the delivery of the post-acute care
- Assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate options and services with a primary goal of providing a safe transition from acute care to home for home health or hospice services.
- Assist patients in the process of navigating post-acute care.
- Promote adherence to post-acute plans and ensure ordered services are completed
- Monitor the execution of the transitional care services through ongoing quality assurance visits with referral sources
- Meeting and/or exceed referral and admission goals.
This right person for this position will be goal driven, motivated to share evidence-based best practices, and has previous home health or hospice experience.
A registered clinician or therapist is required such as a licensed RN, LPN, PT, PTA, OT, or COTA
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing or therapy and be licensed in the state of employment and have a minimum of 3 years field experience
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics, and transitional care best practices
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with diverse individuals
- Experience with planning, execution, negotiation, performance management and building relationships emphasizing excellence
- Good understanding of the Federal, State, and local laws and regulatory guidelines governing home health and hospice operations
- Should be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
- Must be currently licensed in the State of employment if applicable
- Automobile liability insurance as required by law
- Dependable transportation kept in good working condition
- Must be able to drive an automobile in a variety of weather conditions