Survey Technician - #197588
Date: 04/08/2021 21:31 PM
City: Prince George, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. We offer a workplace ripe with rewarding opportunities while cultivating a healthy work-life balance. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. Take a closer look at all that makes Timmons Group unique: diverse talents, challenging assignments, interesting projects, culture of learning and a flexible family-friendly work environment. Competitive salaries and a generous benefits package strengthen the advantages we offer. For more information, visit: www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Survey Technicians for our Prince George, VA office.
Essential duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafts subdivision plats, boundary surveys and easement plats
- Prepares parcel descriptions
- Prepares staking maps for subdivisions, infrastructure improvements and site plans
- Prepares cutsheets and construction take-offs
- Drafts topographical surveys and creates digital terrain models
- Performs limited courthouse research
- Submits plats for jurisdictional approval
- Works closely with the project manager and group leader
- May substitute in the field when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 3 years surveying experience
- BS or AAS in Surveying preferred
- Experience working with GPS and 3D laser scanning a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company's Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.