Maintenance Assistant - #197579
Pathway To Living LLC
Date: 04/08/2021 21:30 PM
City: Calumet City, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Pathway Management, LLC (founded in 1997) is a privately held, Chicago-based company that is dedicated to changing the way society "THINKS" about aging and senior living. The company operates 24 senior living communities in Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
Pathway offers a dynamic, fast-paced work environment that challenges team members to see aging as a natural, vibrant, enriching part of life. Therefore, our team members infuse our communities with the energy, caring, and creativity needed to help our residents live a life of purpose, fulfillment, and celebration.
We are looking for a maintenance assistant that has passion for helping people. If you love to do general cleaning, painting, fixing, re-doing or maintaining a large community, keep reading.
As a Maintenance Assistant a typical day might include:
- Getting to know all of our fabulous residents.
- Advocating patience, cheerfulness and a positive work environment
- Perform spectacular day-to-day maintenance functions of common areas and resident apartments.
- Ensure work areas are clean and equipped with all the tools to make our community shine.
- Respond to communities and residents requests in a fast, fun and friendly manner.
- Follow and promote established safety standards
If you’re good at:
- Being an expert in repair work and can do all kinds of maintenance tasks with ease
- Talking with people and love to listen to what they have to say.
- Looking at maintenance not as a task or job, but as your mission in life
- Making lasting impressions through your work.
- Responding to residents needs/requests in a positive and helpful manner.
- Communicating clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re comfortable communicating in writing and over the phone
To be the ideal Maintenance Assistant for this role:
- Must have 1-3 years working in a maintenance position
- Required Hours/Shifts
- 2:00PM to 10:00PM
- Monday thru Friday
- Must be open to working Every 3rd Weekend
- Have experience working in a large community.
- Must be inspired to serve the needs of our residents and communities.
- Ability to handle several tasks at once
- Must have a fast, fun and friendly attitude
- Willing to learn something new each day.
Pathways operating approach is so unique and so deeply ingrained in our culture that we call it VIVA! VIVA! takes a whole new approach that focuses on resident wellness, abilities, and person-centered care. We are currently seeking highly skilled, enthusiastic team members with the passion, dedication, and creativity to provide positive, memorable experiences for our residents every day.
We offer a generous benefits package including competitive salary, 401K plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance and paid time off.