Elementary School Special Education Teacher - Newark - #197573
Date: 04/08/2021 21:02 PM
City: Newark, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey is part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students for success in college and in life. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to educate 7,035 students in grades K-12 across 15 schools in Newark and Camden. More than 90% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced meals.
By 2025, KIPP New Jersey will have fifteen schools in Newark and five in Camden providing a world-class education to over 10,300 students. To learn more, visit www.kippnj.org.
Here’s what you need to know:
We’re looking for teachers for the 2021-22 school year! Our elementary school is seeking awe-inspiring teachers to guide our students as they climb the mountain to college and beyond. Our teachers are dynamic leaders both in and outside of their classroom. They love students, working with families and the community they serve.
Special Education Teacher
KIPP New Jersey is looking for a motivated Special Education teacher with a track record of molding future leaders in our communities. You are passionate about education and understand the importance of building strong relationships in generating student achievement. You are dedicated to going above and beyond to ensure our students succeed.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Joining our schools as a teacher comes with a lot of growth opportunities, but with great power comes great responsibility. Your role as a Special Education Teacher will involve a number of responsibilities which will include but are not limited to:
- Teach in an inclusive class, sharing all responsibilities with a lead teacher
- Provides resource small group support
- Provides an alternative or parallel teaching to a group of students and provides 1:1 teaching, as needed
- Employs multisensory teaching strategies and specialized instruction as needed based on student’s specific disabilities
- Implements all modifications and accommodations for the classroom and in testing
- Uses student IEPs, evaluations, and present levels of performance to ensure services are being delivered at a high level
- Use data to responsively teach to mastery of academic skills
- Tracks student performance and is responsible for continual improvement in student growth objectives
- Administers and tracks weekly assessment data to both monitor progress towards grade level goals as well as IEP goals
- Creates action plans to improve performance when students are not on track to meet goals
- Consistently and clearly communicates progress to all shared stakeholders
- Participate in school, departmental and parent meetings
- Participate in school events, activities and programs both during and outside of regular class instruction hours
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the New York City area.
KIPP New Jersey | KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer