Financial Analyst - #197565
Date: 04/08/2021 21:01 PM
City: Jersey City, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual for the position of Financial Analyst II, to be located either in our San Francisco or Jersey City offices. This person will have worked in a similar position for at least 2 years. This is a position that will work alongside and report to the Manager of Finance.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of dashboards
- Create comparison metrics and KPI’s in varying contexts, from overall BU analysis to individual customers
- Maintenance and improvement of backend databases, ETL, data normalization and standardization
- Maintenance of end-user permissions across dashboards/reports
- Assist with the development and maintenance of automated processes designed to expedite and improve the accuracy of monthly closes, quarterly reporting, and budgeting/reforecast cycles
- Identify opportunities and implement efficiencies within the billing cycle
- Supervise the monthly billing process and serve as backup when needed
- Provide ad-hoc support as needed
- Degree in Finance, Computer Science, or other quantitative discipline
- 2+ years’ relevant work experience developing dashboards and reporting
- Proficiency with Tableau and Excel, including VBA Macros
- Solid understanding of relational databases
- Experience with Python, PeopleSoft Financials, Oracle EPBCS a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform (Flow, Apps, Power BI) a plus
- Strong technical, analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills with a high level of demonstrated quantitative skills in professional environments
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity to find answers in large, noncongruent datasets
- Able to handle several recurring deadlines, and coordinate across multiple projects effectively
- Willingness to ask for help and leverage the knowledge and experience of others
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice