Supervisor Medical Staff Office - #197554
Date: 04/08/2021 21:01 PM
City: Anchorage, Alaska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Providence is calling a Supervisor Medical Staff Office (Medical Staff Office, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position will consider Remote/Work From Home applicants as well as those located in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Provides Instruction and coordinates with the Alaska Region Medical Staff and GME Coordinators, Peer Review Specialists and other stakeholders for implementation, creation and coordination of information utilized within the Medical Staff credentialing software.
- Collaborates to standardize reports, options, training, and assistance in the Medical Staff credentialing software. Responsible for communications of the Medical Staff credentialing software changes and updating to all stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Establishes practices for sharing workload with credentialing, recredentialing in order to complete reviews in a timely manner.
- Assists PSJHS system level Master Data Management groups with data corrections and standardization.
- Participates in and maintains current productivity statistics for work performed and reports to the Medical Staff Manager on a regular basis as required, meeting pre-established goals.
- Completes audits on credentials files for integrity.
- Manages type two credentials files, and partners with Medical Staff Coordinator to create a due diligence report. Report red flags to the Credentials Committee and follow through with requests from committee
- Review and ensure accuracy of the monthly credentials report, agenda , and minutes
- Oversees the processes and monitors licensure, board certification, insurance, and life support expiration dates for all AK Region providers.
- Interfaces with Medical Staff Peer Review team to obtain performance improvement and/or focused review files for re-appointment and other reviews required for proctoring, or specific peer review requests by the medical staff leader. Oversees the proctoring processes to ensure timely completion and review.
- Maintains currency with all accreditation standards, bylaws requirements and medical staff policies related to the credentialing and privileging functions.
- Assist in development and review of medical staff privileging functions.
- Supervises, mentors, trains staff and consultants.
- Provide professional support and mentoring to the Medical Staff Leadership to include Department and Committee Chairs to assure compliance with required regulations.
- Collaborate with Regional manager, Medical Staff Services on the execution of process improvement projects, corrective action plans, establishing best practices and team development
- Actively supports and incorporates mission into daily activities as outlined in the mission and core values of the organization.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 5 years executive/administrative level work within a medical staff office
- 2 years supervisory or lead experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree
- CPCS or CPMSM certification through NAMSS (National Association Medical Staff Services) is preferred. If not certified, and otherwise qualified applicant must successfully obtain CPCS or CPMSM obtain within one year of hire
- Experience with Morrisey (MSOW) or similar credentialing software
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation’s best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinical Lead Supervisor/Manager
Req ID: 290642