Resident Assistant - #197551
Date: 04/08/2021 21:00 PM
City: Coralville, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
When you come to work at Ebenezer, we promise to support your growth, honor your strengths and empower you to make a difference in the lives of others. Named as a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the 11th time, Ebenezer is Minnesota’s largest senior living organization with over 100 years of excellence in service. We are growing and expanding into Iowa!
Stirlingshire of Coralville Iowa is managed by Ebenezer and is our new senior care community that will be opening early 2021! This senior community will include 53 Assisted Living units and 20 Memory Care units.
We are looking for a Resident Assistant/Home Health Aide whom would be responsible for providing personal cares and designated health related services to enhance and/or maintain the senior living residents’ physical and emotional well-being.
This patient support position includes;
- .9 FTE or 72 hours in two weeks
- Evening shift
- E/O weekend rotation and holiday rotation
Keywords: pca, direct support professional, HHA, NA, nursing assistant, cna, caregiver
Assists residents with personal cares including but not limited to: bathing, shaving, dressing, hair care, feeding, toileting, and transfers/lifts.
- Under direction of Nurse assists with health-related services as needed such as; passing medication, (upon successful orientation), glucose monitoring, temperatures, blood pressure, and pulse.
- Performs other duties as assigned such as; laundry, cleaning, meal service, and assisting with activities.
- Observes residents and reports status to appropriate staff.
- Assists with onboarding of new resident assistants.
- Med Manager Certification by approved Iowa agency or must be able to obtain this certification within 30 days of hire date.
- Ability to communicate effectively, with empathy and compassion for residents and coworkers
- Ability to work in a team setting and support others
- Ability to work with a diverse and elderly population
- Ability to use technology in the form of computers, hand held devices, and phones
- High School diploma or GED or completion of a formal NA or HHA course preferred
- Previous work experience as HHA, CNA, NA, DSP, PCA or similar is preferred
- Work experience in a customer service setting preferred