Civil Engineer II - Commercial Land Development - #197540
Date: 04/08/2021 20:31 PM
City: Raleigh, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Land Development Civil Project Engineer II to join our Public Land Development Group in our Raleigh, NC office location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and Civil 3D technology.
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems.
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project.
- Work to complete design details and plan sets.
- Perform research and writes objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Complete field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff.
- Communicate with client staff and internal design team as directed by senior engineering staff.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor or master's degree in civil engineering or closely related field is required
- EIT required
- Ideal candidates would have at least two years of experience in Land Development civil engineering including commercial and mixed used development
- Experience with preparation of civil engineering site plans including site layout, utilities, grading & drainage, erosion control, and stormwater management is a plus
- Working knowledge of Bentley suite of hydraulic design software (or equivalent) is preferred
- Working knowledge of CADD and or civil 3D software. (Civil 3D preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.