Young Adult Job Coach - #197536
Date: 04/08/2021 20:31 PM
City: St. Augustine, Florida
Salary: $15 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Join Our Team!
Are you looking for a career where you are excited to go to work every day, earn a great living, and you can make a positive difference in people's lives?
Our mission is to empower our customers with knowledge, connections, and the confidence required to embark on a new sustainable career.
Full-Time employees enjoy benefits such as: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, 401(k) plan, bonus potential, paid holidays and vacation, and a flexible schedule that allows for an exceptional work/life balance.
EmployU is a nonprofit employment service that empowers customers with the knowledge, connections, and confidence required to embark on a new sustainable career. We are structured as a one-stop-shop offering adult employment services, youth programs, employability trainings, paid work experience, and a variety of assessments. Our services enhance a customer’s ability to successfully achieve independence by establishing a lifelong career.
This is a part-time position that pays $15.00/hr. with the possibility for a bonus. This position serves the following FL counties: St. Johns, Clay and Putnam.
The Young Adult Job Coach position assists the Transition Coordinator in efforts to help its assigned clients with intakes, finding appropriate host businesses (MOU’s) for clients, providing appropriate onsite support for clients, assisting with Pre-Placement Training and Self Advocacy classes, supporting Career Camp session, and other duties as assigned by the Transition Coordinator.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Searches for OJT opportunities that match the customer’s interests, abilities and are within a reasonable distance to their home. This may include researching online job boards and social media. Activities may also include networking with hiring managers and human resources to promote service in efforts to find OJT opportunities. MOU development will be essential for creating a variety of opportunities for our clients.
- Assists customers during OJT’s to improve soft skills as well as build vocational skills. Give feedback and guidance to ensure OJT is successful.
- Creates accommodations for clients to ensure success in an OJT to include: task lists, putting reminders on phone, modifying tasks based on client’s learning style, and others as needed.
- Work with supervisors at partner job sites to ensure that any issues are addressed as quickly as possible.
- Ensures good communication with client families so that they are aware of progress, challenges, or any issues that may arise in during services.
- Assists with classes in their area which is coordinated with the Instructor and Transitions Coordinator.
- Attends orientation and training sessions with a customer once placed in an OJT to coach them on the duties of their position.
- Creates P & A’s for clients in line with Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) requirements.
- Visits clients a minimum of once per week or more if client requires more support or if it is at the beginning of a new OJT experience.
- Records first and last day OJT client notes for billing purposes.
- Writes client final reports in accordance with client’s end date to ensure timely submission.
- Maintains regular contact with customers via phone, text or email to communicate appointments, scheduled interviews and to ensure support.
- Follows directions provided by the Transitions Coordinator regarding current assigned cases.
- Writes detailed case notes for clients outlining all phone, text or in person interactions.
- Attends Vocational Rehabilitation staffing meetings at their local VR office.
- Completes monthly progress notes for clients by specific day of each month.
- Other related tasks as directed.
- Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication—Written and Verbal
- Sales Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education/Experience: Four years of successful experience and employment in counseling, job placement, job coaching or public vocational rehabilitation program OR Associates in Arts Degree from an accredited college or university and two years of successful experience and employment in counseling, job placement, job coaching or public vocational rehabilitation program OR Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and one year of successful experience and employment in counseling, job placement, job coaching or public vocational rehabilitation program.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Suite, Adobe and web-based database systems
- Open availability required: must be available during days, evenings and weekends to work around students' school schedule.
- Ability to pass a level 2 background check.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, auto registration, auto insurance coverage-minimum (50k property/100k personal injury liability).
- Bilingual is a plus (English / Spanish); ASL is a plus.
- Confidentiality and the ability to handle multiple deadlines is required.
Supervision: No supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Local travel required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
These conditions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Office environment and in the field at various business locations.
Physical: The employee frequently is required to drive for long periods of time, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, lift up to 40 lbs.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.