Plant Manager - #197522
Date: 04/08/2021 20:02 PM
City: Manhattan, Kansas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Meatworks of Kansas, the new processing branch of Booth Creek Wagyu (BCW), is going places! We’re building a state-of-the-art facility in Manhattan, Kansas and looking for it's challenge-seeking leader.
In helping BCW fulfill its mission of a farm to fork, vertical Wagyu beef company - we are adding a cutting, packaging, distribution center and retail meat store in Manhattan to compliment our recent acquisition of GTB Custom meats in Riley, Kansas.
The Plant Manager would start in our Riley, Kansas location about 20 miles northwest of Manhattan. The Plant Manager will help lead the transition to USDA inspection, expand capacity, and incorporate the latest packaging (Rollstock) technology. At the completion of construction in our new Manhattan facility (late 2021 estimated), the Plant Manager will lead the new team they’ve assembled to transition the majority of our processing over to our Manhattan location while we continue to slaughter in Riley for both locations.
Plant Manager Total Rewards: Benefits & Pay:
- Salary; $50,000 – $75,000 Full-Time
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision & Supplemental plans)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
Plant Manager requirements:
- Experience in food processing
- Prefer industry knowledge of the livestock supply chains, meat fabrication, and/or food production
- Demonstrate skills in leadership, innovation, and manufacturing supply chains
- Strong financial background, proficient in excel and familiarity with budgeting
- Proven experience in managing people and processes
What You Will Do:
- Oversees small beef processing facilities and production leadership members
- Lead the implementation of key performance indicators, scorecards, goal setting, and communication processes
- Assist in the design and staffing of the Manhattan, KS processing facility
- Seek out and drive best practices in the areas of quality, safety, team engagement, cost, and service through continuous improvement management; ensure consistency and standardization throughout the products
- Build a positive, progressive, collaborative, and results-oriented culture marked by employee inclusion, opportunity, and trust in leadership
- Additional projects and task as directed by the Operations Manager
The vision of Booth Creek Wagyu is to become the leading direct to consumer premium meat company in the US. By leveraging the strategic advantages of raising and feeding Wagyu cattle in Kansas, combined with cutting out all the “layers” in the current industry, BCW is poised to do something very special right here in the Midwest. We welcome you to get in on the early stages of building a great company.