Director, Communications - #197505
Date: 04/08/2021 20:01 PM
City: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Owned by Private Equity leaders, the Carlyle Group, Sequa Corporation comprises two discrete businesses – Chromalloy is an innovative ‘disruptor’ in the aerospace industry segment, and Precoat Metals, a market leader in the metal coating industry segment. Both of these companies are value streams within One Sequa, underpinned by shared services organization, shared values and an evolving common culture. As a member of the Sequa team, you will partner closely with the Executive Leadership team and just about every part of the company globally. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
The Manager, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting is responsible for managing the preparation and distribution of periodic financial statements for internal and external use. The position is responsible for the timely consolidation of financial statements and will ensure the Company’s financial statement reports and filings comply with U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, internal and external reporting guidelines. The Manager, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting will assist with performing technical accounting research, assessing compliance with internal controls and documenting corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensures the timely preparation, accurate reporting and filing of periodic reports such as Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Provides audit requests to the Company’s external auditors to assist with quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Manages the Company’s benefit plan audits by preparing benefit plan financial statements and coordinating the audit effort between Company management and the external auditors.
- Assists in maintaining documentation of global accounting policies and procedures, including development and communication of policies and procedures for new pronouncements, as required.
- Researches accounting literature from various sources (i.e. FASB, IASB, SEC, PCAOB, etc.) and prepares technical memorandums documenting the Company’s accounting treatment for specific issues in accordance with the appropriate guidance.
- Assists with the initial implementation of internal controls and ongoing SOX compliance requirements.
- Assists in recruiting, training and evaluating staff; assists in developing and implementing continued training for professional accounting associates.
- Strong knowledge of SEC financial reporting requirements and US GAAP.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.
- SOX and internal controls experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks.
- Strong project management, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- CPA, active license status required.
- 4 – 6 years’ experience in public accounting firms and/or public company environment.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Reporting requirements.
- Experience with documentation and assessment of internal control processes.
- Experience with of Oracle HFM and Planning solutions, Workiva Wdata software solution, and Oracle SmartView.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
Sequa offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Sequa maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Sequa is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Sequa Locations.