Manager, Data Technologies - #197434
Date: 04/08/2021 19:01 PM
City: Coralville, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Title: Manager, Data Technologies
Department: Data Management
Wage Category: Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: Director, Data Management
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
Worksite: Onsite, or Remote
The Manager of Data Technologies is responsible for managing the daily operations of the team responsible for building and maintaining MediRevv data technologies. These include database/data warehouse operations, development of data integration and ETL tools and processes for multiple internal and external systems, and enterprise software development. This is a highly technical leadership position that will benefit from prior experience with database technologies and cloud environments.
An effective Manager of Data Technologies will exemplify the MediRevv Mindset by helping the organization on a whole achieve balance between partners, people, and performance through:
- Leading a team of database, software development, and revenue cycle subject matter experts to deliver excellent service to both internal and external partners.
- Planning, developing, and maintaining appropriate data infrastructure to meet the needs of internal applications, external data reporting, and MediRevv’s business intelligence team
- Growing skillsets within existing team members through both formal and informal professional development.
- Maturing existing workflows for extracting, transforming, and loading (ETL) data in multiple scenarios
- Integrating strategies and solutions to improve data flow and analysis.
- Enforcing standardization of data across multiple clients & sources for enterprise-level analysis.
- Partnering with internal and external technology partners to leverage existing infrastructure, systems, and processes to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ensuring adherence to company and industry best practices in development, change management, documentation, and testing.
- Managing team performance through regular one-on-one meetings, performance reviews, and professional development opportunities.
- Staying informed of new data technologies and trends.
- Promoting MediRevv’s culture and mission, vision, values, and mindset.
- Variety of other duties, as assigned.
Job Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A successful candidate must have proficient knowledge/capabilities in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent professional experience, is required
- 5+ years of experience in database architecture/design and supporting enterprise scale data warehouses.
- Demonstrated SQL skills with experience in designing, developing, and deploying data pipelines and working with large datasets.
- Experience leading technical teams and projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or similar cloud environments a plus.
- Knowledge of designing and planning solutions; debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions.
- Attention to detail and capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Strong computer skills including experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making ability
- Attention to detail and ability to navigate systems with awareness of impact to others
- Able to support the vision and values of our company to accomplish the business goals and objectives
- Exhibits effective listening and organizational skills
- Drives for continuous improvement
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple priorities