Chief Estimator - #197433
Date: 04/08/2021 19:01 PM
City: Claremont, New Hampshire
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Canam Bridges specializes in designing and fabricating metal components for the North American construction industry. The Company is active in the sectors of buildings and infrastructure. Canam Bridges operates in and the United States, as well as engineering offices in Canada, Romania and India and has over 2,675 employees.
Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare labor and material estimates for Bridge steel products, projects, or services. Train and supervise other Estimators.
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost-effectiveness.
- Prepare scope of work along with all exclusions, clarifications and conditions. List all bid documents with dates used in preparation of estimate.
- Ensure that all contractual terms, project specifications, plans and obligations of such projects are maintained and a clear understanding of project scope.
- Review data to determine material and labor requirements and prepare itemized lists.
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with customers; coordinate activities with drafting/engineering, sales and estimating, shipping and production departments to determine project schedules.
- Work directly with sales and preconstruction team and operations to understand size and scope of projects along with timelines and applicable project deadlines.
- Train and supervise other estimators.
- Assist in proper accounting for project change orders.
- Review work of other estimators.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school. Experience may substitute for education.
- Five (5) years related experience.
- Working knowledge of engineering and design concepts in the bridge and structural steel industry.
- Extensive communication abilities – both oral and written including the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, the ability to speak effectively with customers, the ability to make formal presentations.
- PC skills include the following software: Microsoft Office, Autocad, Strumis, SAP Acrobat, Bluebeam and Google Suite.
General office, production environment and plant operation. Daily exposure to computer display and shop environment.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as excellent opportunities for training and advancement.
Canam Bridges, US, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.