Quality Inspector - #197432
Diamond Brand Gear
Date: 04/08/2021 19:01 PM
City: Fletcher, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Become part of the Sewing Revolution!
Diamond Brand is seeking to hire Quality Inspectors in our Fletcher, NC location. Quality Inspectors are an integral part of the team, inspecting work details to ensure no defects are present in the gear prior to distribution. As a living wage certified employer in Henderson County, we are committed to training quality talent (with no experience necessary) who are passionate about adventure, authenticity, inclusion, and reliability. Aside from a competitive starting wage, Diamond Brand offers a full benefits package, tuition reimbursement, discounted gear, company sponsored life insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, participation in our gain-sharing program, and an open environment where sharing innovative ideas for improvement is encouraged.
1. Works a part of a small team, inspecting sewn good for defects that includes abnormalities such as skipped stitches, bad tension of thread, marks, etc.
2. Read written router or inspection work details to see specific items to look for on sewn product.
3. Maintains production schedule to meet daily or hourly goals for established quantities
4. Provides feedback to supervisor on process improvements to safety, quality and/or production efficiency
5. Examines and relays knowledge on similarities from one product to the next
1.Fast paced environment with moderate noise
1. Need to have sound hand-eye coordination and be able to cope with moderate physical effort
2. Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions required for this position with or without accommodations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
1. Manufacturing process knowledge a plus
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills
3. Dedication to learning and perfecting a skill
4. Must be detail-oriented
1. 1-year experience of quality inspection a plus, but not required.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience. However, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.